Friday, January 15, 2021

My Introduction

 



    Hello, everyone. I am Robert Jefferson Stewart IV. I am 25 years old. I was born in Japan and lived in many places growing up, but primarily was raised in Texas. This is my second time living in Alaska, and I don't plan on leaving for a long while. I am currently in the Army at just under 8 years in. I am satisfied with my career, however I am pushing my focus into school because it's about time for me to make changes in my life and move on to something new.

    The moose image above is a digital drawing I did a few months ago. I was impressed with my own ability to do this (and no, this is not a brag, I sometimes don't know how I can pull off some drawings). Nature drawing isn't exactly my specialty, but every now and then I will move outside of my comfort zone. For that particular drawing, I did the initial sketch on paper, scanned it, and then inked and finished it on my iPad with Procreate. I am primarily a pop artist, however I will avoid posting that artwork to keep myself from facing the wrath of Blogger.com's copywright policies. 

    In 2017 and 2018, I did over 150 drawings for Topps Star Wars trading cards. It was my favorite venture to date. I have not been added onto any other sets because in 2018 and 2019-2020 I was deployed to Iraq and Syria. I have also worked on art for Vampirella and Fallout. 

    I have no real formal artistic education, but I want to be a middle or high school introductory art teacher, so I want to get as much experience and knowledge as I can. On my last deployment, at the end of the day, I would practice figure drawing with Quickposes. It is a great resource for some figure tutorials and timed drawings. It does have some adult content as many of the models are nude. If you are interested in checking it out, click here.

I am looking forward to exploring the history of art in this class, and sharing thoughts and artwork with other students. 


Thanks for reading!

Robert J. Stewart IV.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic drawing. I wish you well as you endeavor to make a career change. I taught elementary school for 21 years. I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good drawing, I keep trying to draw on digital and I guess is just not my forte haha. I would love to visit Japan, I love all the historical beautiful art pieces! they are mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert, I absolutely love this digital drawing. I also love the contrast between the moose and the background. I wish you much success in your endeavors. Art has always been one of my greatest passions. I, too have not had much formal art education, however when I did take an art class it was my favorite class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Japan a few years ago and it was a beautiful place! I love your drawing of a moose. I could never do digital drawing because it is hard for me.

    ReplyDelete

Non Western Art Exhibit

 Here it is, the last blog of this class. I have definitely enjoyed all the research and the look into art in general and it opened my eyes ...